AgentPro Property of the Week: The Old Quarry, Woolton

AgentPro is the UK’s leading estate agency software, powering property sales and lettings across the UK.  We highlight one Property of the Week for Estate Agent News.

This week we have chosen this lovely 4 bedroomed detached home in The Old Quarry, Woolton, Liverpool, currently on the market with estate agents BE Property Services for £499,950.

This bright and spacious four bedroom detached family home is set in the heart of upmarket Woolton Village.

Property Details

This well presented generously sized property briefly comprises; bright entrance hallway, downstairs cloaks, front reception room, additional reception room to front aspect, fully fitted kitchen leading into dining room. To the first floor there are four sizable bedrooms, ensuite to the master and a family bathroom. Externally the property benefits from front and rear gardens a driveway for off road parking and a integral garage. Set in an enviable location in the heart of Woolton Village this property is well positioned for easy access to a wealth of amenities. There are numerous shops, restaurants and supermarkets within walking distance and excellent transportation links in to Liverpool City Centre. Woolton Village is a popular area with fantastic primary and secondary schools within the vicinity and is well placed for local parks, golf courses and leisure facilities.

Room details

Hall 
Entrance hallway, dual aspect window, radiator, decorative radiator cover , ceramic tiled flooring, stairs to first floor.

Front Reception Room 13′ 1″ x 12′ 1″
Double glazed window to front aspect, radiator, original wood flooring, TV aerial point.

Front Lounge 16′ 3″ x 12′ 0″
Double glazed window to front aspect, radiator, living flame gas fire, decorative surround.

Front Lounge . 

Dining Room 9′ 9″ x 9′ 9″
Leading in from kitchen, ceramic tiled flooring, french doors leading into rear garden.

Dining Room. 

Kitchen 15′ 7″ x 9′ 8″
Range of wall base and drawer units with rolltop work surfaces, stainless steel sink unit, plumbing for washing machine, integrated applicances including double oven, five ring gas hob and extractor hood, space for fridge/freezer, tiled floor, part tiled walls, double glazed window to rear aspect, door leading into utility room, radiator with decorative cover, diner seating area, patio door leading out into rear garden, double doors leading into dining room.

Storage Cupboard 
Houses fridge/freezer.

Landing 
Doors to all rooms, double glazed window to front aspe ct, loft access.

Bedroom 1 12′ 0″ x 11′ 8″
Master Bedroom, double glazed window to front aspect, TV point, radiator, ensuite bathroom.

Ensuite Bathroom to Master 
Three piece suite comprising: low level WC, wash basin with surrounding vanity unit, double glazed window to side aspect, electric double shower with glazed cubicle, laminate wood flooring, fully tiled walls.

Bedroom 2 12′ 3″ x 9′ 8″
Double glazed window to rear aspect, radiator.

Bedroom 3 13′ 1″ x 12′ 2″
Double glazed window to rear aspect, radiator.

Bedroom 4 13′ 0″ x 12′ 1″
Double glazed window to front aspect, radiator.

Bathroom 
Three piece comprising: low level WC, wash basin, tiled jacuzzi bath with glass brick, fully tiled walls, tiled flooring, double glazed frosted window to rear aspect, heated towel radiator.

Outside 
Rear Garden, Laid to lawn, patio area, access to garage, outside tap, two decked seating areas, established shrubs and borders. 

Front Garden: Paved driveway, integral garage, established front gardens with shrubs and borders.

About the area

Woolton Village was incorporated into the City of Liverpool in 1913, but it retains is own unique history.

It is a prestigious suburb, mostly consisting of semi-detached and detached dwellings, although some well-preserved terraces survive.

The area was referred to as Uluentune in the Domesday Book, with the name translating as “farm of Wulfa”.  Shortly after the Domesday survey, which was completed in 1086, Woolton became part of the Barony of Halton and Widnes. In 1189, a charge was granted by John, Constable of Chester, to the order of Knights of St. John of Jerusalem, a religious order who protected the routes for Christians who were on a pilgrimage to The Holy Land. These Knights Hospitallers held land in Woolton for over 350 years, until it was confiscated from them in 1559 by Queen Elizabeth I. The manorial rights to Woolton passed from Queen Elizabeth to James I who sold them to William Stanley, 6th Earl of Derby. Woolton then passed to Isaac Green, and through his daughter to her son Bamber Gascoyne of Childwall (MP for Liverpool 1780-96 and an ancestor of Bamber Gascoigne who hosted University Challenge for many years), and is now owned by the Marquess of Salisbury.

The area has a number of pubs, including The White Horse, The Cobden, The Victoria, The Grapes and The Elephant as well as many upmarket restaurants. 

Many Beatles landmarks can be found in Woolton, including Mendips (Lennon’s childhood home at 251 Menlove Avenue) and Strawberry Field. Another one of Woolton’s claims to fame is that John Lennon and Paul McCartney first met at St. Peter’s garden fete on 6 July 1957. (Credit: Wikipedia)

%d bloggers like this: