Agent & Homes on a recruitment drive for ‘disillusioned’ entrepreneurial agents

Prime London hybrid estate agency, Agent & Homes, is on a recruitment drive for disillusioned property professionals looking for entrepreneurial opportunities.

The firm, which launched in June from its central Notting Hill office hub, says it is looking for confident, enthusiastic property experts who want to earn a fantastic income and work on their own initiative.

There are a range of benefits for agents working with Agent & Homes. The firm’s consultants operate effectively as self-employed agents. There are no fixed hours and agents can work when and where they want to.

They can also take holidays when they want, collaborate with like-minded agents at the firm and work from home or the office hub in Notting Hill.

The agency has an innovative business model, which sees agents receive 90% of the commission fees they earn with the remaining 10% going back to Agent & Homes to be invested in support services. This allows agents to focus on what they do best – selling and letting properties.

Agent & Homes Co-CEO, Bob Crowley, says:

“There are many disillusioned agents, particularly in the Prime Central London market, who are very good at what they do but tired of working all hours of the week (and weekends) in a dead office for little financial return.”

“There are many experienced agents out there with great ability who are looking for something different, but it’s all about having the confidence in themselves to make the change,” he says.

The agency’s Founder, Rollo Miles, adds:

“In the eyes of many estate agency owners today, agents are viewed merely as door-openers. There are actually agency-associated firms that now exist which base their business model on purely opening doors.”

“We know at Agent & Homes that there is more to this job than just opening a door and looking at your shoes. We want to give skilled professionals out there the opportunity to get back to doing what they do best while earning huge commissions at the same time.”

“The way consumers carry out their property transactions has changed so much in the last few years and agents need to be flexible in the service they are offering,” says Miles.

“Our model offers property experts the opportunity to provide this much-needed service while benefitting from a hugely improved earning potential. An agent working for us can earn as much in two or three transactions as they do in a full year sitting in a high street office. Much higher earnings and much more free time, it’s a no-brainer really.”

Agent & Homes’ consultants are not required to meet any sales, lettings or instructions targets. There is no micro-management and the days of completing endless spreadsheets and administration forms for head office are firmly in the past.

“The best agents, the ones we’re looking to work with, don’t need a manager telling them what to do. They are sales and lettings professionals who know what they are doing and we want them to focus on what they do best, rather than processing data for middle management.” explains Crowley.

The firm was launched earlier this year by Miles and Crowley, both of whom have vast experience of the industry, having worked for some of the capital’s best-known agencies, including Marsh & Parsons and John D Wood.

They have already assembled a team of 12 respected property experts working across the capital, with more consultants joining shortly. They are keen to expand further by recruiting agents who are experts in their field; agents who develop long and genuine relationships with clients.

Prioritising customer service and honest advice, the agents charge vendors and landlords a % commission fee and the firm is currently filling a void in the market between higher cost high street firms and the budget ‘upfront fee’ online firms.

Agent & Homes, which operates from a serviced office hub in Notting Hill, is active across Prime Central London and West London. Since launch, it has taken over 40 sales instructions and over 200 lettings instructions and is already competing well against long-established firms.

%d bloggers like this: